Do worries about the day keep you up at night? Do you tend to overthink relatively small decisions? Do you find yourself incapable of doing things you really want to do? Is your anxiety impacting your job or relationships? Do you choose to stay home because being around others creates too much stress? Have you noticed that you constantly compare your looks or your skills to others? Have you already tried therapy to address your anxiety but found it ineffective? Do you suffer from panic attacks? Do you still have trouble managing your anxiety even while taking prescription medications?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety, reach out today so we can schedule an appointment.